Incubator lost power- Day 11

CloneFly

Never say Never
Premium Feather Member
Mar 8, 2022
Hello all... I have some Coturnix quail eggs incubating that are on Day 11 now... I woke up this morning to find that my incubator had turned off (looks like a tripped circut) and the eggs cold. After starting back up the incubator, I candled and saw veining... though one egg (the youngest at day 6) looks to be fading... is there any hope? This is my 2nd time incubating- my last batch a few years back died the day before their hatch date so I've been too scared to try again...

Hello all... I have some Coturnix quail eggs incubating that are on Day 11 now... I woke up this morning to find that my incubator had turned off (looks like a tripped circut) and the eggs cold. After starting back up the incubator, I candled and saw veining... though one egg (the youngest at day 6) looks to be fading... is there any hope? This is my 2nd time incubating- my last batch a few years back died the day before their hatch date so I've been too scared to try again...
Coturnix are fairly hardy but I'd still expect a lower hatch rate, although that depends largely on the incubator you use. Just remember if at first you don't succeed... I'd start by eliminating the breaker problem for good. Either a bigger amp breaker or less load on that circuit.

Back
Top Bottom