Incubator R-COM 20, worth it?

Ok, I bought R-COM 20 ~! Thanks for all your recommendations. Now I'm drooling over hatching eggs.........
ya.gif

jeremy, here is the link for jmt... http://www.jmtdistributors.com/rcom-suro-20-n20.html. It looks just like mine that I ordered a year ago Jan, 2010. I got mine for $249 and with shipping to tn it total to $269. I don't know what is different about it that they are doubling the price on it for. But mine has been great. I did have a issue with the water pump last month and sent that to them and said nothing was wrong, then had to sent the whole unit and it ended being something wrong in the control panel in the soldering. I did have to pay the shipping to Lyon technologies and they did honor the year warranty so there was no charge to me for the repair. Was also very fast at fixing it and sending back to me. They had to deal directly with the maker of the unit at ....http://www.r-com.co.kr/. Nice site that has good info on it under the news and q&A section on far right of the page on how to assembled. I probably told you more than you wanted to know but just trying to help out. I have had 95 to 100% hatches in mine and really is a breeze to use. Good luck with your choice.

Quote:
woot.gif
Congrats on your new bator! Even though you have an awesome bator on the way I still highly reccomend doing a test hatch with cheap eggs 1st. Mine was perfect out of the box but you just never know. I hate to see you spend a ton of money on shipped eggs and have the bator not calibrated correctly. Good luck!

Oh, thanks!! I'm so excited! I probably won't do a test hatch, what would I do with babies from breeds that I don't want? I don't really know any chicken people in my area (OHIO) except one, and she has a full coop and an incubator too. We enable each other! Right now I have EE'ers, Wheaten Marans, 2 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Wellies. The EE's, BO, and Wellies are from a Hatchery. The Wheaten Marans are from a breeder and lay the most gorgeous DARK eggs and have such easy & friendly personalities. I may try to get some fertilized eggs from the breeder of my Marans. I'd also like a heritage breed too....and...and...and....and...
lol.png

That sounds like a fab price as that is the top of the range in the Rcom 20 also with USB you can connect it up to a PC ! I think that this is more used if you are incubating Raptor and Parrot eggs more than chicken eggs.
The Pro can also be programmed from first setting the eggs right through to hatching - you can even set the turner to stop at 18 days, so its a set and leave.

Regards
Dr Rob.

I'm more than a little upset with JMT. The incubator was supposed to be here last week. After numerous e-mails they finally decided to give me a tracking number - somehow they "forgot" to ship it. Now it won't be here until sometime next week. If you order from them - insist on a tracking number immediately so they don't "forget." They tried, but couldn't, blame it on being shipped from Lyon. I know it's a good incubator and will be worth the wait
big_smile.png
it's just not good for customer service. If they had said "Oh Crap, we forgot all about it" their honesty would have gone a long way rather than trying to blame someone else.

I have a SURO 20 and have not had any issues. This will be my third year using it and I have always had 90-100% hatch rate. I also use a Top Hatch and a couple of the Hovabators....one still air and one forced air. I have had the least success with the Top Hatch over the years. Guess it just depends on what works best for you.
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom