incubator recomendation

Justin36

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 19, 2011
Hello everybody, I have decided to buy an incubator this year but I am new to incubators and need a recommendation. I have been doing a little research and I am looking at a hovabator genises 1588 or a little giant. There is a big price defference, is the hovabator worth the difference? Is there another brand that's better than both? Thanks.

Hello everybody, I have decided to buy an incubator this year but I am new to incubators and need a recommendation. I have been doing a little research and I am looking at a hovabator genises 1588 or a little giant. There is a big price defference, is the hovabator worth the difference? Is there another brand that's better than both? Thanks.

I say YES!!! Ordered my Genisis Sunday...cva34

well i have been reaserching and debating and i definitly want the 1588 but its out of my price range right now since i just bought a $400 rotatiller. i want to get a hovabator though and i am looking at the other (cheaper) models to start with. i will probably make my mind up and buy one next weekend.

Hova bator all the way!!!!! I have the 1602 model with fan and auto turner, I love it. There seems to be a lot of "tricks" for the LG. Hova is thicker, therefore holds temp better due to fluctuations in room temp. And it is higher than lg so chicks won't get burned on the heating element. I think the 1588 has auto temp so it calculates itself. Good luck

styrofoam is a good place for 'stain-causing' pathogens to hide out between hatches.

if you can get stains out of a styro. bator..........................................................................

One nice thing is the Hova-bators come with a clear plastic pan to catch everything and a breeze to clean. I have old incubators that are stained pretty good.

I found a couple hovabator model 2362n on gregslist one was used once and she said the other one looks beat up but works great. She told me she would take $75 for both, I am going to look at them tomorrow.

No egg Turners though I figure I will do it by handa few times while I save some more money up.

I have 2 of the Hova Bator 1588 Genesis models (with auto egg turner). I love them. They are as easy as it gets. Don't have to do anything except add water every few days. It is addicting though... already trying to figure out how to get a third one.
wink.png

I bought a l.g. last year and I started with 24 had 4 clears after a week and hatched 18. I put a p.c. fan in and I waslaid off at the time so had lots of time to constantly adjust for fluctuating temps. After my chicks hatched I took out heat element and thermostat and built a small cabinet incubator using the guts from l.g. it works great and holds temp and humidity much better. If youre not up to building one I suggest a better brand, but you could make one for about the price of l.g. with fan if you shopped carefully.

Back
Top Bottom