Incubator temp went up to 126 degrees

angellove199

Hatching
7 Years
Jun 18, 2012
I have 8 duck eggs and 2 chicken eggs in my incubator, well when I went to check the incubator is was up at 126 degrees, don't know why it got so high but they are 22 days old. I took them out and have them in an egg carton but I haven't seen any movement when candled, does this mean i killed the eggs? Please help I feel so bad.

They still need to be in an icubator till they hatch why did you take them out ? To cool them? It really depends if the temp spike wasnt up long enough to heat up the eggs then they should be ok but if it lasted long enough to change the temp of the eggs then thats a fatal temp. Hopefully someone will have more info for you. What kind of bator are you useing ?

I took them out to cool them down, they might have been like that for around 1-2 hours. They are not moving whatsoever. I have the LITTLE GIANT EGG INCUBATOR

Let me guess...
LG INCUBATOR !
Like what gabrielle said, if it was a temp spike for a short period of time it should be fine
Don't take them out, the temperature difference could shock the chick and kill them

22 days? Have you heard the chicken eggs pipping yet?
It may take more than 21 days for the eggs to hatch sometimes...

I am hoping it was for a short time, but like I said I candled them and they aren''t moving. They were moving alot last night, but none of them pipped yet.

Back
Top Bottom