Incubator Temperature after adding eggs

Azure Acres

Chirping
6 Years
Jan 10, 2014
NW Missouri
I set my incubator up Wednesday and spent yesterday getting it dialed in. It was perfect
last night and still is morning. This afternoon (around 2) I added the eggs and the temp went down. (Which I expected) it has been at least 3 hours and the temperature is still not back where it should be. Should I give it a few more hours or do I need to adjust the thermostat? Just wondering how long it normally takes to warm the eggs up completely.

It takes a while, depending on their temp when you put them in. I wouldn't fiddle with the incubator. If you're really worried about it, adjust the temperature in the room to compensate and keep a very close eye on it. If it gets too high, lower the room temp.
I always note the room temperature when I finally get my bator dialed in. We heat with a wood stove, so the temps a little inconsistent. I keep a space heater in the room with my bator to keep it around 70, which was the room temp when I dialed in the incubator. If I keep it around 70, my incubator stays around 101.5, which is exactly what I'm aiming for in my still air
1f609.png
I hope that makes sense.
Good luck!

Last edited:
My house is an earth contact and the utility/laundry room is in the middle of the house. I have the incubator on top of the counter next to the sink in there. The furnace is in that room so it stays consistent in that room. Right at 70. The eggs had set at room temp in there for 24 hours, maybe a couple more hours. I just check the temp and it still needs to rise 5 degrees or so. I'm going to check it again before I go to bed.

Sorry to hijack this thread, looked like a good place. I have a forced air hovabator thant I'm incubating in with a turner. I'm am going to use a little giant still air for hatching. The forced air is set for 99.5. still airs generaly look for 101.5. is this (101.5) what I want to shoot for then, in the still air? Wasn't sure when moving eggs form one to the other?

Back
Top Bottom