Incubator

Bigrooster1

In the Brooder
Feb 8, 2023
I am looking for a new incubator. I’m not happy with the one I have now. It’s a cheaper one so it may be I got what I paid for too. What’s a good one for about $130-$150? What’s everyone got or think? Thanks in advance.

Nurture Right 360. Best bang for your buck, rugged, easy to clean, auto-turner, decent load for a backyard flock, lasts a long time, and almost perfectly calibrated temp and humidity out the box. (You should still calibrate to be sure)

I was originally looking at this one.
https://www.amazon.com/Farm-Innovat...1_8?keywords=incubators&qid=1677617495&sr=8-8.

I will look into the nurture right 360.
From what I've seen on here, those can tend to have hot and cold spots in the incubator and you'll need to use a number of thermocouples/thermometers to ensure even heating, and move eggs around to get a good hatch, also you may not be able to fully fill that incubator due to the cold spots if you want all your eggs to hatch. Also I've seen a few posts of malfunctioning electronics. You can search this site for that incubator name and see what pops up.

Nurture Right has all those bells and whistles and then some with none of the hassles. There's a number of articles and threads on here about it. It's super easy to use and durable and I really love it.

There are other small batch incubators in that size range, but I think the NR 360 is one of the best rated for the lowest price. Brinsea is also popular, but more expensive.

Hi,
I am borrowing one of my mother's incubators. Its a Brinsea Octagon Ova. These are supposed to be "best on the market" I would never spend that much money on it. (Thank you to my mother for letting me borrow) and I would never personally buy it for the following reasons.
Faults: 1) you have to take everything out of the incubator to add water, the tray with all the eggs and everything. This not only is a temperature/humidity issue, but then you have a tray of precious eggs sitting out (dogs/cats/small children...) Im really worried about when lockdown comes and the inability to control humidity 2) there is no humidity or temperature monitoring. You have to buy a separate gauge.

From what Ive seen (haven't used) I would second a Nuture Right. Less money, external place to add water, temp/humidity monitoring. Honestly the viewing is better, so you can see the chicks pipping.

Right now its $183 on amazon. I know amazon has sales randomly. In the future if I decide to hatch out chicks frequently this is the incubator I plan on buying.

Back
Top Bottom