Incubator

K thanks a lot for all your help. I've been on this site for about aa week or so and have learned more from yall than i have anywhere else. Great site great people always willing to help thanks again

Any reason you couldn't use a computer fan? They come in various sizes. You can find them at any computer store where they sell parts. I have always used hen's for incubators, so I don't really know about electric incubators.

I use a couple of Omaha Steaks coolers for incubators. They are nice thick foam and I have had great hatches using them. I also use the 12V Incukit from Incubator Warehouse. It is all electronic temperature control and has a fan built in. It has served me well so far. My only complaint using the coolers is that I cannot fit an egg turner in them. Turning 24 quail eggs three times a day was a pain in the rear. I am thinking about finding a used still air incubator and retrofitting it with my Incukit so that I can use an egg turner.

I used the styrofoam box as well...It only take a cc of water to raise the humidity in my box 10 degrees a day, so I lay the eggs in egg carton on top of a flat box holding a paper towel with a straw leading outside and just turn the whole box 30-45 angle instead of individual eggs.

I used the styrofoam box as well...It only take a cc of water to raise the humidity in my box 10 degrees a day, so I lay the eggs in egg carton on top of a flat box holding a paper towel with a straw leading outside and just turn the whole box 30-45 angle instead of individual eggs.

Back
Top Bottom