Incubators Anonymous

Pics
Turkeys are my favorite poultry so far lol. I can't choose a favorite chicken breed. I'm in love with standard gold laced and tolbunt (sp?) Polish but have yet to find any :/ I had 2 in my hands on Saturday at my local swap, then found out both were cockerels :( so I resold them. They were super sweet though. I'm loving my silkies so far but mostly because they're so fluffy. They haven't shown the sweet cuddly side yet. My one cochin chick is beyond loving and comes running when called. Lavender ameraucanas are gorgeous. So are the cream crested legbars....

This is too complicated a question to answer lol

I candled last night.

I set 78 Guinea eggs, 42 chicken eggs and 30 turkey eggs, (number are plus or minus 5)...

This will be my last general set of the year. I am done with turkeys and all chickens other than those capable of giving me a white sport.

I will only be setting guineas a couple more times.

Right now I have both 1202's functioning as incubators, this will be the last time this year.

I candled last night.

I set 78 Guinea eggs, 42 chicken eggs and 30 turkey eggs, (number are plus or minus 5)...

This will be my last general set of the year. I am done with turkeys and all chickens other than those capable of giving me a white sport.

I will only be setting guineas a couple more times.

Right now I have both 1202's functioning as incubators, this will be the last time this year.
That is a LOT of babies. Is the above your totals after candling, or how many your originally set? How are things looking? I have to admit I have not candled my latest batch even once!! I have about 30 eggs on day 17, and about 90 on day 7. I think I'll candle everything tonight.

Back
Top Bottom