Incubators Anonymous

Pics
I set my Porter Eggs today and I moved the 12ths hatch to the hatcher.

I have 18 potential white sports.
16 Speckled Sussex.
about.....

7-8 toad eggs

3-4 CLB not white sport capable.

and about 18 EE and brown egg layers.
Go chickies go!!!!
jumpy.gif

How have you fixed this issue? Should i glue,wax, polish, tape the crack and try it? It is a silkie i received today. 5 were crushed, stupid USPS. I think they were tossed, shook,stood on, and thrown etc. This one isnt leaking and 10 look good.

These are all the eggs i got today. Only ones missing are the MPC 9 eggs. BLRW,EE,CCLEGBAR. 3 OF EACH guess I'll have a staggered hatch hope they get here soon!

How have you fixed this issue? Should i glue,wax, polish, tape the crack and try it? It is a silkie i received today. 5 were crushed, stupid USPS. I think they were tossed, shook,stood on, and thrown etc. This one isnt leaking and 10 look good.

These are all the eggs i got today. Only ones missing are the MPC 9 eggs. BLRW,EE,CCLEGBAR. 3 OF EACH guess I'll have a staggered hatch hope they get here soon!

I fix those by throwing them in the garbage can...Sorry.

There is not much else you can do. That is too big a crack to try and fix with wax or finger nail hardener.

I have finished the last hatch of chicks, I ended up with 40 chicks.

I have 2 white sports and 4 Toads. Some beautiful blue egged gene EEs!

I am hoping the colorful ones will be hens, but we know how that will go.

I put a dozen ( or was it 11) good live guinea eggs under Ethel (turkey hen) they hatch in 2 days. I moved 18 into the hatcher. Same batch, same hatch date.

I have a turkey hen on about 15 eggs should be hatching anytime now. (fingers crossed)

I have 30ish Turkey eggs that hatch on the 19th.

Last edited:
Still have a few eggs in the incubator. Very very staggered hatch days.

As a few hatched I replaced with what I found out of turkey nests. So there is a high probability they will all be mixed. As most of my girls a ranging again.

Put 6 chicken eggs into lockdown tonight. They were under a turkey hen. Have no idea which chickens they are from.

It will be like Christmas. Don't know what's gonna unwrap itself or what I'm gonna get.

This weekend I'm gonna set some eggs of my newly acquired quail. Have 20 eggs saved.

Back
Top Bottom