Incubators Anonymous

Pics
I found another 1202 on Craigslist today for $400. Not buying it. I guess I'm not a true addict.

I've found a few on Craigslist lately, I'm just too broke to buy them or I would lol

I can't believe this thread slipped under my radar.

Hi, my name is Banti and although I am not as crazy as some here *cough* Ralphie *cough* I still keep setting more than too many eggs.

I set well over 10x the eggs I was gonna last year, and am gearing up to do the same... Again.

Welcome Banty! I definitely agree that Ralph is the worst of us all here but we're all terrible! Then again, I don't think any of us can compare to the numbers @Dheltzel hatches out!

My cabinet was pretty much full until this week's lockdown. I actualy couldn't fit all of them in the hatcher and had to use the bottom of the cabinet to hatch in too lol

Last edited:
Welcome Banty! I definitely agree that Ralph is the worst of us all here but we're all terrible! Then again, I don't think any of us can compare to the numbers @Dheltzel hatches out!

My cabinet was pretty much full until this week's lockdown. I actualy couldn't fit all of them in the hatcher and had to use the bottom of the cabinet to hatch in too lol
Just doing a short read-back has assured moi I am not near so crazy as the rest of you. I only have two incubators, and they're both tabletop.
yesss.gif

By focusing your enabling efforts on someone not at capacity in her coop
gig.gif

If only there were a chick market here... I'd go crazy with hatching
HEHE....I have a great market for the birds. Every time I list some for sale, they go, then their friends all call me for more. Problem is, I can't sell them before I know if they are boys or girls. By then, we've gotten attached. I have close to 100 birds - that includes a lot of babies, but I'm having trouble letting go of the babies.

I got home too late to observe the killer broodies - the baby died, but I think it was more neglect by the caregiver than it was the original injuries. I'll go out in the morning and pull out some big bad mamas.

But, my little Brinsea 20 that is hatching the latest batch seems to be lower than the 40, so it's looking VERY crowded with 6 cute little Seramas running around. The Bantam EE and the Olive Eggers aren't doing much. I think I"ll grab the seramas now, before the others start popping.

Fun, fun fun!! Let's go chickies!!

And I have NEVER once even considered getting a cabinet. I have enough trouble not overstacking my current bators. Imagine the damage I could do with a cabinet. I KNOW that my family would move out.....

HEHE....I have a great market for the birds.  Every time I list some for sale, they go, then their friends all call me for more.  Problem is, I can't sell them before I know if they are boys or girls.  By then, we've gotten attached.  I have close to 100 birds - that includes a lot of babies, but I'm having trouble letting go of the babies.

I got home too late to observe the killer broodies - the baby died, but I think it was more neglect by the caregiver than it was the original injuries.  I'll go out in the morning and pull out some big bad mamas.

But, my little Brinsea 20 that is hatching the latest batch seems to be lower than the 40, so it's looking VERY crowded with 6 cute little Seramas running around.  The Bantam EE and the Olive Eggers aren't doing much.  I think I"ll grab the seramas now, before the others start popping.

Fun, fun fun!!  Let's go chickies!!

And I have NEVER once even considered getting a cabinet.  I have enough trouble not overstacking my current bators.  Imagine the damage I could do with a cabinet.  I KNOW that my family would move out.....

Wow, wish there was a market like that here... I had chicks sit for a month on CL before I gave up. Adult birds sell okay, but I can't feed 70 birds at a time to maturity!!

Last year, the chick market around here was terrible! Rural King opened up shop less than an hours from me and constantly was getting overstocked on chicks and selling them for.50 each. This heat though, I'm breeding breeds that they will not be carrying at all. I'm sold out of every lavender ameraucana chick that I manage to hatch for the next month, my next hatch or two of silkies is sold out, and my first few weeks hatches of CCL were gone in a day lol. I'm hoping this continues or I'll be in trouble with how many I have!

Back
Top Bottom