Incubators Anonymous

Pics
There is nothing that says you have to fill the cabinet incubator up. 

Take his enabler badge away!!!!

No- this is genius! Let him lull her into a false sense of security. After she realizes all that empty space makes her itch to set more eggs, then we encourage her to go for it! I think he's just being sneaky...

No- this is genius! Let him lull her into a false sense of security. After she realizes all that empty space makes her itch to set more eggs, then we encourage her to go for it! I think he's just being sneaky...

:gig That works too.

I just walked outside and found about 20 or more of the Feb babies running around the yard with one of my wandering hens. It's super windy, their coop door must have gotten open, they escaped, then it blew closed again. They were nice and let me herd them back into their coop. I have no idea if they all made it back.....

When I can't keep track of the babies I have....it's a very good idea I don't have a cabinet bator....

Although, I'm starting to stress that I only have the Easter HAL eggs in the bators.....nothing after that. Time to unplug 2 of them.

It is really simple to add the humidity kit. It isn't a requirement but I have been really happy with the one that I added to my cabinet incubator. The humidity pads they sell to use with the system work much better than any sponges that I have tried. In my experience, the addition of the humidity is only necessary during lockdown.

http://www.gqfmfg.com/cabinet-accessories/3030-water-reserve-system/

Link to GQF parts.

http://www.gqfmfg.com/cabinet-model-parts/

I double everything he says. Also do not try to get excessive use or life out of the sponges, they have a useful life then throw them.

I double everything he says. Also do not try to get excessive use or life out of the sponges, they have a useful life then throw them.

I tried washing them.
he.gif
barnie.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

Nice!!!  Great price too!

Yep! I visited with the guy and he has ALOT of trays but most are for pheasants and quail :/ I might have to use those for bantams and resell most of them. Hey Ralphie do you still plan on getting into Pheasants? If so you can take any trays for them lol.

Back
Top Bottom