Incubators Anonymous

Update: one hatched, one hatching, one piped. Is it sad I can wait to get them out and the next ones in?
20190214_173657.jpg

One should always hide poultry incubation and chicks from one's spouse as long as possible to avoid the "look"....

Only if it's possible lol. Then againa if your cabinet incubator is running at all times anyway, they never know what's in it :lau

Hi! My name is Aimee. This is my first time incubating but I feel it may become a chronic happening. I have a
Yosoo Mini LED Digital Incubator. One egg currently piped and 3 more that should in the next few days.
I have a carton ready to go in as soon as they are out.

Oh yeah, you're going to be a regular lol. Welcome to the addiction!

I put some eggs into the incubator on Sunday, so it's going to be a while before I have new "chick pics" to share.

In the meantime, I took some pics today of my last hatch of 2018. (BTW- It was a broody hen. I promised DH that my incubators would stay in storage until 2019. LOL)

We let the silkie hen keep 2 seramas & a big blue orp.
They are 10.5 weeks old.
Sesame (formerly called "White" chick)
She's my fav.
:love
white-2-jpg.1673623
white-3-jpg.1673624

Kung Pao (Formerly called "Chipmunk" chick)
She looks exactly like her mama "Noodle"
chipmunk-2-jpg.1673627
chipmunk-3-jpg.1673628

.... and here's their younger sister - still called "Blue Orp" LOL
sisters-jpg.1673631

A15A524D-62C5-4188-ABA1-1510BBA37CEC.jpeg
9DE85F9B-8F92-424C-93D9-DA194D4E870F.jpeg
Heading to a Poultry Show tomorrow! They not only have judging, but lots of vendors with chicks, ducks, hatching eggs, etc! Can’t wait! My incubator is ready for some fun or interesting hatching eggs! I already have some BLRW eggs plus my colorful mixes! Hoping for some Swedish Flowers or some really really deep chocolate Marans eggs!

Back
Top Bottom