Incubators Anonymous

Welcome back, we have all missed you. It is not a requirement to have poultry to keep posting.
:thumbsup
That i do know, just been busy

:ya I hope you’ll keep us updated on that hatch.
:hugs miss y'all and happy belated birthday :hugs

That chicken is adorable! A sebright? *Nvm, read the previous pages
Hello, my name is Alison. It just started with a $20 incubator off eBay, then 2 Janoel 12's, after that a couple of styrofoam bators from TSC and Gebo's plus a small Brinsea. But then I found an old GQF 1202 on craigslist and then there was a slight loss of control on eBay so right now I have a broody hen on quail, pheasant, and turkey eggs, two small incubators full of chicken eggs, an incubator filled with guinea eggs, a few dozen eggs waiting for an incubator, duck, chicken and guinea eggs in the GQF, and ordered a boatload of peafowl eggs off eBay so had to get 2 more larger Brinseas to hold them all. Also there are 5 brooders in my spare bedroom (ringneck pheasants, bobwhite quail, guineas, turkeys, and chicks), a brooder outside for the goslings, and the broody hen is camped out in a crate in the bedroom as well due to a bobcat mother and kitten eating all of her friends.
I think I need help.
:th lol you found the right group of crazies!!!

Mine may never go off this year
i thought you mixed everyone back together?

My Pea eggs are due 7/28 and 2 are duds 4 growing well :fl

It's official, my incubators are finally unplugged.... For the first time since December!
Although mine goes off for up to a week for cleaning and setting the next set of eggs... I have hatched out every month (twice some months) since April 2018. I always wanted to breed cats but the demand for cats is low. I found chickens are a much better animal to breed because if people stop buying them I can eat them.

Although mine goes off for up to a week for cleaning and setting the next set of eggs... I have hatched out every month (twice some months) since April 2018. I always wanted to breed cats but the demand for cats is low. I found chickens are a much better animal to breed because if people stop buying them I can eat them.

Yes! I was the same way but with dogs. Never did it and don't want to contribute the shelter situation. Become chickens and turkeys is way better. They don't take up shelter space (usually) and are great to eat!

I have 2 broody silkies outside on 7 random eggs and I've started collecting more experimental eggs to hatch :/ I guess my incubator will be coming back on in a week or so. It didn't stay off as long as I had hoped it would lol.

That i do know, just been busy

:hugs miss y'all and happy belated birthday :hugs

:th lol you found the right group of crazies!!!

i thought you mixed everyone back together?

My Pea eggs are due 7/28 and 2 are duds 4 growing well :fl

I am trying to make toadpoles.... so the roads are still in breeding pens.

My kids get to take their 4h and ffa birds to fair monday..... so I may find an open grow out pen. Not to worry I have dutifully gathered a few eggs to hatch and fill this unknown empty pen.... ok some eggs are a week into incubation. Now I just need to decide how many dux I really Need...I have one egg customer that loves dux eggs

My kids get to take their 4h and ffa birds to fair monday..... so I may find an open grow out pen. Not to worry I have dutifully gathered a few eggs to hatch and fill this unknown empty pen.... ok some eggs are a week into incubation. Now I just need to decide how many dux I really Need...I have one egg customer that loves dux eggs

The answer to how many dux eggs do you need us:;

A big old goose egg!

No one ever needs a dux egg!!!

:old

I am glad to have helped.

Back
Top Bottom