Incubators Anonymous

:idunnoSo what should I do with this FREE incubator???

:oldIt only seems logical to throw some eggs into it in order to test it out, right?:pop

20200108_172231.jpg

Well in theory, shouldn't each component be tested separately.

That would be fill it up and test the egg turner.

Of course in 23 days or so, you would need to fill it up and test how well it tracks temperature.

Then to be absolutely sure you would need another fill up to test humidity.

Look at that according to Mr. Peabody's new sidekick, Chic Ken, you need to run 144 eggs through their full cycle before you can say it is working properly.

That is if you don't notice issues causing you to repeat a testing cycle before continuing.

:lol:

Why yes! And lots. Have to make sure all corners of it are holding the right temperature right?
Exactly!!!
Well in theory, shouldn't each component be tested separately.

That would be fill it up and test the egg turner.

Of course in 23 days or so, you would need to fill it up and test how well it tracks temperature.

Then to be absolutely sure you would need another fill up to test humidity.

Look at that according to Mr. Peabody's new sidekick, Chic Ken, you need to run 144 eggs through their full cycle before you can say it is working properly.

That is if you don't notice issues causing you to repeat a testing cycle before continuing.

:lol:
I like your way of thinking!!! I'm gonna get right on that!!! Got my faithful thermometer & hygrometer in it already! Next is eggs, which eggs, chicken, guinea or quail....? I've got quail running out of my ears already! Maybe chicken???? My pullets are laying.....
Yes yes, I like that way of testing better. And hurry, don’t want anything to sit too long without use.
There's dust on everything in my house except for on the incubators!!!! You can tell what gets used in here!

Nothing can top @wolfwalker logic!

@Cedar Creek Farm Lady You need to incubate every type of egg to mage sure it works properly with all eggs! Just use wolfwalker's tried and true testing with each type of egg. After 9 cycles, you'll know if it works correctly for each type :lau
I'm thinking I want to put chicken eggs, but all of mine have been refrigerated normally &/or washed already. So I'll hafta start collecting eggs for incubation.....

I'm thinking I want to put chicken eggs, but all of mine have been refrigerated normally &/or washed already. So I'll hafta start collecting eggs for incubation.....
You can incubate refrigerated eggs. Those that are NPIP certified are required to wash their eggs before incubation. Google can find the washing instructions for you.

Back
Top Bottom