IncuView Incubator- Help with Temperature

RoxysAnimals

Chirping
Oct 19, 2015
California, USA
I just bought a brand new IncuView from Incubator Warehouse. I put 14 eggs in, and it is running at 98.6 degrees and won't go higher. Instructions were accidentally thrown away, but I know enough to get started. Humidity is perfect. But I am worried about the temp. Should I buy a temperature gauge tomorrow and hook it up? Or should I boost the settings to make it go higher? Hoping for a successful hatch and getting more chickens! (Not like I need any more... But you can never have too many! Right?)

Last edited:
@RoxysAnimals hey Roxy joey just hatched with this and had a great hatch on the incubation with friends thread, he is always on the thread.... I will copy this info and tag you in the thread... when you get up there should be answers for you there... I will also put the link here in a bit..... post #11619

I just bought a brand new IncuView from Incubator Warehouse. I put 14 eggs in, and it is running at 98.6 degrees and won't go higher. Instructions were accidentally thrown away, but I know enough to get started. Humidity is perfect. But I am worried about the temp. Should I buy a temperature gauge tomorrow and hook it up? Or should I boost the settings to make it go higher? Hoping for a successful hatch and getting more chickens! (Not like I need any more... But you can never have too many! Right?)

Good morning, Roxy. I can help, but we need to make sure you have a temp problem to begin with. Do you have any extra thermometers, preferably calibrated, that you can compare temps with? I had a similar situation with my unit. I thought it was okay, but my three calibrated thermometers told me otherwise. I had to bump the temp up +2F.

If you're sure that the temp is running low, you'll need to press and hold the Enter button until "Set Temp" comes up on the screen. It should be displaying 99.5. Press the Enter button one time and release, and an asterisk should appear next to Set Temp. Once it does, you press the minus button until the Temp set is 97.6F. Press the Enter button to make the asterisk go away, and the press and hold the minus button until Please Wait appears and then release the button. This will trick the thermometer into thinking it's 97.6F, and it will raise the temp .9F, which should increase the temp to 99.5F.

If you have any more questions or need assistance, send me a PM.

Edit: The procedure was for offsetting a miscalculating thermometer. If you enter into Set Temp, and it reads 98.6F, simply raise the display to read 99.5F. You will still need to verify the temp with another thermometer. I'd recommend no less than two extras, and preferable three.

Last edited:
Does anyone still have the original manual for this incubator? I'm not sure what I should set the turner to.... My egg turner does not seem to be working.
6 rotations per 24 hour period is the "default" setting. I changed my setting to 8 rotations per 24 hour period. To view full-size, right click and choose Open in a new tab or window. Be sure to unplug the unit for at least 10 seconds after making any changes to the turner settings.

Last edited:
Not confused at all! Just my first time with this incubator. Going to go buy a temperature probe and see what it is. This morning the temp said it was at 99.4, but I will still go buy one. Thank you guys for the help!

Not confused at all! Just my first time with this incubator. Going to go buy a temperature probe and see what it is. This morning the temp said it was at 99.4, but I will still go buy one. Thank you guys for the help!
You're welcome! Oh... and a hygrometer to keep up with humidity level is a "must-have" also. Best of luck with your chickies!!!!!
lol.png

Question on the turner for the incuview... it says to place the eggs in the trays parallel to the turner rows. I did that. But my eggs are getting turned around in the rows to where some of them are perpendicular. Should I open and readjust every time I notice this has happened or just leave them be?

Back
Top Bottom