Indian Runner duck just started limping

Breannemoreno

In the Brooder
Jul 14, 2023
Hi!
I have 8 Indian runner ducks (females). Today I noticed one of them starting to limp. I was worried it was bumble foot, but upon inspection, the only thing we saw was a tiny wound on the top of her foot. This is my first time raising ducks (and first post!). Is there a spray or an ointment I should put on it? I'll post her cut. It's very small, but it's the only explanation we have for the limping. She is otherwise fine and running around with her sisters. It just started at the end of today and I'm probably being paranoid, but better safe than sorry. Thank you so much!
133765B0-2FF3-46AA-8607-4F95EE493744.jpeg

You can wash it in warm water with mild soap you can spray it with Vetericin you can use antibiotic ointment on it but not the kind that kills pain ., you can also use something called hen Healer it’s a blue ointment do not use hydrogen peroxide. You can also soak her foot in a warm Epson salt water bath, but don’t let her drink any. Lots of choices

Hi!
I have 8 Indian runner ducks (females). Today I noticed one of them starting to limp. I was worried it was bumble foot, but upon inspection, the only thing we saw was a tiny wound on the top of her foot. This is my first time raising ducks (and first post!). Is there a spray or an ointment I should put on it? I'll post her cut. It's very small, but it's the only explanation we have for the limping. She is otherwise fine and running around with her sisters. It just started at the end of today and I'm probably being paranoid, but better safe than sorry. Thank you so much! View attachment 3577049
:welcome

By the way, that’s such a cute little foot! Do you have a picture of the whole duck to share? I love runner ducks so much, I have two blues and two fawn and whites. 💕🐥💕
Hi! Thank you so much! I just did the vetercin method ❤️ Yes! Let me find a pic of her. Her name is Tulip. I have 6 white and fawn, one black and then tulip, who I think is blue? I don't remember the name for the gray ones.

Attachments

• AD775F3D-8621-4E9F-9D86-D7EDC873CFC0.jpeg
    AD775F3D-8621-4E9F-9D86-D7EDC873CFC0.jpeg
    741.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 47C34999-E419-4A74-96C9-38F0BE91A722.jpeg
    47C34999-E419-4A74-96C9-38F0BE91A722.jpeg
    694.6 KB · Views: 15
By the way, that’s such a cute little foot! Do you have a picture of the whole duck to share? I love runner ducks so much, I have two blues and two fawn and whites. 💕🐥💕
I also have another question for you. Do any of your white and fawns have green spots on their beaks?

Back
Top Bottom