Indian Runner Duckling, skin issue

Also do you know the temp in their brooder? is there a cool area and a warm area?
We took her out of broiler when we got the other 2 ducklings and made a little house. We put a heat lamp in and kept one side at 90-95, the other side 80 so if it got to hot they could go to other part. I hope I did right with that.

90-95 is okay for chicks but too warm for ducklings around 85* first week and 5* cooler every week there after. There needs to be a side with no heat so they can cool down. This maybe your problem.
Oh wow, thank you so much for that. Poor little fellas, I was over heating them . Thank you again. I really appreciate that

Early update, we gave her a bath yesterday and put medicine on her raw spots and scratches etc, then made a bigger cage they can see out of and get more fresh air. Little bigger than the other one. We still have them in the house. Hope is already looking better. I'll update in couple days, hopefully this works. Thanks again for everyone's help.

Attachments

• IMG_20230315_101604.jpg
    IMG_20230315_101604.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20230315_101627.jpg
    IMG_20230315_101627.jpg
    476.6 KB · Views: 6
I just saw
Awesome! If you have warm days start taking them outside for some play time.

Awesome! If you have warm days start taking them outside for some play time.
I just saw under your name, Gift of God, external life, John 3:16, something like that, that just brighten my day..
Also, update on Hope(King Hope of a boy lol) she is doing great. We put her in bigger cage where they can see and get more fresh air, bathe her and now she looking better and her oil gland is starting to work. Thank you for all your help. For everyone's help. Hope is my little indian runner, the black one is Theodore, he's was suppose to be khaki Campbell but I think he's black canya or something like that, the yellow, brown looking color one is Eleanor, suppose to be mix Welsh and Campbell, but I think welsh and canya. Not positive though.

Attachments

• 20230316_195113.jpg
    20230316_195113.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 5
They sure are adorable.:love So happy to hear Hope is doing so much better. I have Indian Runners and they are such neat little bowling pins [that is what they remind me of].

It's a wonderful gift God has given us. ❤️

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom