Indian Runners

Thanks CalBells. Not too many people show these, so just enjoy them......looks like the wing feathers are just coming in. Are the two on the left black or Chocolate?
Are you raising these in SF? I lived many years in SF and raised birds there back in the day....in the Sunset District if you can believe that?

Walt

Yes their wing feathers are starting to come in, the one furthest left is black, and the one in the middle is chocolate. I'm surprised that she is getting some of the green iridescence too. I expected it on the black, but not the chocolate! We don't live in The City, we are in the east bay, Albany, by Golden Gate Fields. I work in SF though and I can just imagine you with your birds in the city!

These are my 4 babies (8 days old), they are being raised by a Silkie hen
frow.gif

Hugs Heather x

These are my 4 babies (8 days old), they are being raised by a Silkie hen
frow.gif

Hugs Heather x
I have all my runner eggs under broodies right now (about 22 developing eggs from three ducks)!

I got a quad of new runners about two months ago, and I am no expert, I am 15 and trying to learn as much as possible, but I really like the new drakes head shape. It has such a curve and he has such a long neck (longer than my other drake, anyway).

New drake

Old drake

Like ashandvine on the previous page, I would like to get honest breed or show feedback Any advice about breeding/showing would be appreciated.

These are the new females. The one on the right is shaking so that is why she looks wierd. Normaly she looks similar to the others, with her tail down.

I hatched only one duckling from my first pair of gray runners. I was hoping for a female but its feet are already oranger than its mother so...
He is imprinted on me and he will be more of a pet. Ducklings from my newer ducks I will show.
I take him swimming in a river near my house daily and we go maybe 1/4 mi up the river, I let him play, and we go back.

I was wondering, I have always heard that drakes do not quack, but mine quack all the time, loudly. It is deeper than my females, but it is a distinct quack. Is this normal?

You have beautiful looking Runners babe :)
I don't know about showing birds because I have never done it......maybe someone else can help you :)

I also can't tell you if Drakes quack....mine are still babies and I don't know if I have males or not yet :)

*hugs* Heather x

a few newer pics of the Runners and "babies"

Miss Penelope is on the far left, Patrick is on the far right. The "babies" are in the middle

Patrick

Back
Top Bottom