Indoor chicken setup?

WingsysRoost

Crowing
Nov 8, 2022
Hello everyone. This isn't exactly a coop or run, but I'm curious to see house chicken cage or pen setups. I have a standard size hen (Barred Rock) who is going to be spending the winter inside, and I'm stuck on ideas for what I can do for her.

She is still in her hospital crate (to help keep her calmer as she recovers), but she is doing better enough that I want to give her a bit more room. I'm thinking maybe a dog exercise pen with a tarp attached on the bottom as a floor (so I can get a layer of bedding for her to scratch in), but it wouldn't have a roof and I don't exactly trust her not to fly out and get herself in trouble.

Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone. This isn't exactly a coop or run, but I'm curious to see house chicken cage or pen setups. I have a standard size hen (Barred Rock) who is going to be spending the winter inside, and I'm stuck on ideas for what I can do for her.

She is still in her hospital crate (to help keep her calmer as she recovers), but she is doing better enough that I want to give her a bit more room. I'm thinking maybe a dog exercise pen with a tarp attached on the bottom as a floor (so I can get a layer of bedding for her to scratch in), but it wouldn't have a roof and I don't exactly trust her not to fly out and get herself in trouble.

Thanks in advance!
I use a cloth kennel for dogs. You can fold it up after use and spray wash it as needed

Back
Top Bottom