Indoor Duck Feeder

thepopcornkernel

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 5, 2011
Hello there! New proud owner here of a beautiful Runner Duck. Her name is Frozen (long story, but let's just say I suggested the name Rosie and someone misunderstood and the unique name - which just so happens to be a title of one of my favorite movies - stuck). Anyway, Frozen is an indoor duck, segregated from my guineas and chickens because she is far more tame and thinks she was born to be a house-pet. I've ordered a diaper harness from the goose mother about a week back (still has not arrived much to my impatience to be able to reduce the number of messes on my bed). Next on the agenda is determining the right feeder. I'm currently using a Neater Feeder, which limits spillage but promotes her ability to mix food and water. I've looked at the goose mother's Ducky Diner set but it looks a bit primitive for the price. Has anyone tried it or/or recommend it? What else does everyone use for indoor feeding/watering?

pop.gif
I could use help in this area too!

That could definitely work and may be the best option unless someone else has success elsewhere. I have a medium size one which I bought for full price but Frozen tends to get that one quite messy and the water runs on quickly. A week after I bought that I discovered my local Petco had clearanced the large size - normally like $50 - to a mere $5 so I bought that and it works a tad better, though she has to stretch her neck a bit to get to the bottom of the bowls (and keep in mind she is a Runner so her neck is already stretched).

Back
Top Bottom