Infection or Eyeworn

I was watching one of the veterinarian programs on NatGeoWild, the one about the Hawaiian vet (The Aloha Vet.) He popped out one of those pus blobs out of a chicken's eyes, so that the eye drops would be more effective in treating the eye infection. I wish you could see the video clip of the grape-sized blob, and how it was done.

I just read where The Aloha Vet, Scott Sims, died this past July of cancer.

Last edited:
I was watching one of the veterinarian programs on NatGeoWild, the one about the Hawaiian vet (The Aloha Vet.) He popped out one of those pus blobs out of a chicken's eyes, so that the eye drops would be more effective in treating the eye infection. I wish you could see the video clip of the grape-sized blob, and how it was done.

I just read where The Aloha Vet, Scott Sims, died this past July of cancer.
Wow, how sad!

-Kathy

Will do! I was able to get a little out today. I'll keep trying... Used some needle nose tweezer type things. It's a matter of holding her still so I don't gouge her eye! Eeek! I'll also make sure to not eat before or after... So nasty. The resistance that blob gives is yuck! I have tried pushing upwards on her lower lid and that stuff is like a rock!

And that peacock! Wow! I wonder if that's what her deal is! There's no way I'd be able to do that... My sister is in her 3rd year of vet school... She would totally do it for me if she were close by! Haha!

Will do! I was able to get a little out today. I'll keep trying... Used some needle nose tweezer type things. It's a matter of holding her still so I don't gouge her eye! Eeek! I'll also make sure to not eat before or after... So nasty. The resistance that blob gives is yuck! I have tried pushing upwards on her lower lid and that stuff is like a rock!
It can be hard to get out, but there's no point in treating with antibiotics until you can get most of it out.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom