Info on Magpie Ducks?

NOTE: PIC HEAVY-I POSTED LOTS OF PICS

It seems hard for me to find info on here about Magpies too. I have 2, both females. supposed to be good egg layers. I'm thinking about making a page on BYC about magpies. They seem sweet, but mine dont like me very much

Anyway here is my pics. The magpie with Black Beak/Bill is Mr. Quackers, White Beak is Oreo

53087_big_pool_1.jpg

53087_big_pool_4.jpg

53087_waterduck5.jpg

53087_waterduck4.jpg

53087_ducksincoop2.jpg

53087_group2.jpg

53087_quackers1.jpg

53087_oreo_1.jpg

53087_oreo_2.jpg

53087_ducks.jpg

53087_duck_1.jpg

I have 2 magpies, one male and one female. They dont like me very much either, but they are very smart and are nice to my chickens. I will be looking for another female or two as people start to sell off extras in the fall. I'm going to take some pictures today and post them later.

ETA pictures

Here are some pics of mine. I was told mine aren't show quality...because they have too much black. As they are molting more white is coming through, but as I look to add to my Magpies I will search for quality stock. They are almost 2 months old--I've had them for about 5 weeks.

6994_p1010100.jpg

6994_p1010097.jpg

Last edited:
you might have to look for her, lol, i have some better, recent pics but i havent uploaded them yet

2582vet.jpg

2vsm7pj.jpg

sxf6kn.jpg

L0rraine - Lol! I love my magpie hen! She is pretty quiet, super pretty, and was the third duckling i ever raised! Sharpie is my only magpie but i love her
love.gif
and she has given me BEAUTIFUL mutt babies!

Quote:
It's amazing how much of the Magpie 'look' shows up in the offspring. I have a duckling that's 3/4 but looks ALL Magpie (just like many of yours). I'm hoping this one's a girl. It's the egg that got 'left' outside the Runner's nest and hatched with my Runner babies. I think it's actually going to be a silver/splash Magpie because the cap and back are a real pale gray. Guess I'll need to post pictures again before they are all grown up.

Last edited:
We have a Magpie, she is the best duck I've ever had.
We took in 2 Pekins, they're nice ducks, but if they weren't homeless I would just stay with the magpies.
I love the magpies, if theres anyone in Fl. looking to rehome any magpies, I'll take them/it.
Would really like a drake.

Back
Top Bottom