Information about Sultans.

JOSHSBANTAMS

Songster
11 Years
Oct 26, 2008
Utah
Hello, I’m looking for information about Sultans. If anyone knows of someone breeding them or any other information about them please let me know. I’m looking at possibly getting into them but I’d like to get some other information about them.

Thanks, Josh

I ordered some from Ideal and was disappointed how they turned out. They are pretty scrawny birds if what ideal sells is an example. I kept one hen, got rid of the roos and other hen. I think they would be a great chicken if they were bigger and laid well.

Thanks for the reply.

I know that there are several hatcheries that sell them but I'd like to try and find someone that has been breeding them for a while that has some top quality birds.

i have some. i got them from ideal and i got eggs from a guy in texarkana who breeds them . the bantam varietyare small and the standard is a 3-4 pound roo max. so they arent a hearty bird. they are neat to look at but the caps and excess head feathers messes with their peripheral vision so if you flock is threatened by predators sultans are quick to get bad things done to themif you have an incubator id say check this guys stock out they are pretty birds

http://www.mccallumsflock.com/

Weak birds generally, but very sweet. If you can provide them with warmth and a bit more protection than other breeds, get them. Otherwise, they can be a handful if you treat them like other birds. I find them to be extremely clingy if they are hand-reared by humans. I like Meyer Hatchery's birds, as pets. But hatcheries carry stock that have small crests and bad genes so it's a risk. There are some decent breeders out there, I'm sure.

Back
Top Bottom