Injured beak

michelledrucker

In the Brooder
Apr 8, 2015
long island new york
Only one of my hens survived an animal getting into the coop. She has an injured beak. The top half is broken as in a peice had broken off. The bottom looks like it may be cracked. She is drinking but is having trouble eating. Any advice? Can I put anything in her water for nutrition? She is drinking but isn't even eating her favorite soft foods. We tried cooked egg, grapes etc, all soft favorite food cut up small. We tried hand feeding too.here is a picture

Last edited:
Thank you so much. I have her on an antibiotic, tylan. At least she is drinking. We feel special bad for her being hurt and lonely.
Right now she would need to be alone anyways...Poor girl...Give her a pat from me...
Your doing the best for her...I hope she makes it...

Best of Luck!

Cheers!

Yeah, no glueing that. Wet her feed and make sure she has plenty of water. Good on the tylan. Keep her separated and comfortable and she will heal.

When they break a beak it is painful. Is there any of it hanging loose? Sometimes you can superglue them back together. They generally will regrow if that aren't broke off to far and they will learn to eat but it takes a few days. Can you post a picture?

Depending on what you mean by broken? If possible you can use Crazy glue to repair a beak...The best is clean water or you can even give her a bit of gatoraid a few times a day..Wet her regular feed..Try spoon feeding her...She is probably in a bit of shock..
Sorry for your loss..

Best of luck...

Back
Top Bottom