Injured Duck!!! *need immediate help!*

Okay, if he doesn't eat at all the rest of today, I'll force him to eat, like maybe pick him up and put food in his mouth. I didn't want to do this, but I don't want to loose him. Thanks

Does his "part" look better? or is it still infected? I just had to syringe feed on of my bantams so It can be done, you don't want to force the water down the throat though just dribble it along the mouth where the bill comes together. He'll drink some .make sure your putting vitamins in his water for support.

He's eating and drinking, seems to be fine.
smile.png

I u
That's very kind. Thanks for the advice, we found a local feed store that sells vitamins and electrolytes for poultry. I gave him a bath and the swelling
I buy powdered vitamins, a little goes a long way.  And Nutri Drench is good for many things at the same time I think it does not have as many vitamins as a poultry  multi vitamin has.  Wish we were closer, I could give you some.

I use this from TSC on all my poultry and have had great results-
http://www.tractorsupply.com/durvet-vitamins-electrolytes-100gm-jar-2183430

It's not very expencive either.

I've used Nutri Drench and MannaPro's tablets that I dissolve in ~one quart of water. Sorry to hear (just now!) about the bear attack, but do glad to ready your drake seem to be improving. One last thing I think about vitamins, think about all the really good-for-us (humans) leafy greens. They are good for us because of the vitamins, right? So my theory is that I can feed those good foods to my ducks too, and it seems to work here.

Thank you all very much. My boy's swelling has been eliminated, and he's back to normal. However, when we put him back in with our girls, he was trying to mate with one of my hens, so he's currently away from them. Thankfully, my girl was able to get away before he did, and I caught him just in time. This is new with him.
idunno.gif

Thank you all very much. My boy's swelling has been eliminated, and he's back to normal. However, when we put him back in with our girls, he was trying to mate with one of my hens, so he's currently away from them. Thankfully, my girl was able to get away before he did, and I caught him just in time. This is new with him.
idunno.gif
I believe a few ducks of his very own would help him alot. Glad to hear he is back to normal.

Back
Top Bottom