Installing Chicken Wire - OR - Take it back??

I took it back, got 2x4 welded, 14 gauge. Got the whole run done including wire on top yesterday. I will add 2x6's across the bottom between posts and 2x4's across the top. This is a "hobby", so I try to space purchases out so my dear wife doesn't get too frustrated...

Thanks!

We pretty much have double rolled our chicken run with 1 inch 20 gauge wire. It is a big box for a run and it works well. we went through and stapled the first layer and then did the same thing with the second, only spacing it different to make all the holes smaller. It is tight like a small glove on a medium hand, but it isn't loose like a large glove on a medium hand either. Also I am a paranoid person when it comes to things being secure so we went through more staples than was needed more than likely, still I would rather be safe than sorry.

Only way I know to get chicken wire tight-ish is to be able to tack it on all four sides. That we you can pull it this way and that as you tack it.
I ran chicken wire around the run with posts 8 feet apart. Then I stretched 4 foot high 2 x 3 green pvc coated welded wire over it. Looks good. The poultry wire keeps the chickens from sticking their heads out and the welded wire keeps the predators out. I too fastened a piece of fencing using j clips around the bottom to keep them from digging under.

Back
Top Bottom