Installing Forced air Fan Kit

Kyah

In the Brooder
10 Years
Oct 29, 2009
We have a Little Giant incubator and set 15 eggs yesterday. I'm having trouble keeping the temp regulated though. Mostly at night because the house cools off when the fire dies down. It's been insanely cold here lately. Anyhow, I phoned the feed store and ordered a forced air kit, hoping it might help some with the temp problem? It will be in in about a week or so...

My question is this: How long does it take to install the air kit, and where I don't have a lot of eggs, can I take the eggs out and put them somewhere warm (not sure where yet) until I install the kit? Any advice?

Thanks for any help,
Kyah

I had an electrician at work help with installing a fan into a similar style incubator. It took under 20 minutes to install, but i didnt have to keep eggs warm at the same time.
If you move the eggs while you install the fan there is always the chance of an accident or dropped egg. 20 mins is about the time a broody will hop off a nest to have a quick feed and drink. It wouldnt be long enough to worry about the eggs loosing too much warmth. If you start to install and find it taking longer, maybe a warm towel or cloth over the top of them would help to keep them from getting too cold.

You could also get a computer fan and a similar voltage adapter and wire them together. Suspend it in the top blowing awy from the eggs with a space between the fan and the top. It is cheap and something you can do now. The cord running from the fan to the adapter can be run throuh a vent hole or a small notch btween the base and lid.

Back
Top Bottom