Instantly Obsessed

IndigoAngel

Songster
Apr 18, 2021
Extreme NE Indiana
Hello, all! My name is Susie; I am from the NE corner of IN, where I was born and raised. After 10 years of trying to convince my dh that I really do want chickens, I finally have a small flock of five hens. They are all mixed breeds and one the breed is unknown. I do know that I have a Barred Rock, an Easter Egger, a Copper Moran/Cochin cross (she is the sweetest thing!), a Red Star, and a mostly white gal (the friends that gave her to me did not know her breed).
IMG_18908C632E6A-1.jpeg

We have raised goats and cattle before but this is my first go at poultry and I am already head over heels for these ladies! My husband and I are nearly empty nesters, after raising 5 humans, so I am free to pamper my girls. lol
Also running around our little corner of the world are two dogs (an American Lab and a Heinz 57 with some beagle somewhere in the mix), two sweet kitties that are indoor/outdoor, and a mama kitty and her 5 little boys that have taken over our barn. Yes, that is a lot of cats, but that also means no mice. Or chipmunks. Or low flying sparrows. Seriously, these cats can hunt!
I have spent the last month doing so much research and reading thread after thread here on BYC; I thought it time I introduce myself. Who need FB or Insta when I can scroll through BYC!

Back
Top Bottom