Integrating chicks and chickens

Shepshill

Songster
Feb 19, 2018
New Jersey
After three weeks of having the chicks in a run within the chicken run, I opened the doors to let them integrate. So far the adults are ignoring the babies, and the babies are avoiding the adults, but no instances of bullying yet.🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Attachments

• AC227709-12C8-4E6D-9A68-95A64AE26388.jpeg
    AC227709-12C8-4E6D-9A68-95A64AE26388.jpeg
    160.6 KB · Views: 15
I did the same yesterday and no issues other than the expected “chasing” when the lil ones get too close to the biggers. Good luck

On Wednesday and Thursday night, I put the pullets on a roost in the coop with the adults. Friday night, they found their way in in their own. I am so happy about it. It’s a milestone.

My almost 4 week old have been brooded in the coop with the big girls since day 1. At 2 weeks they were in the run and the bigger girls didnt care. The babies did seem scared of them though. Today, at almost 4 weeks, those babies have grown some brass balls because they were trying to fly at my big girls. One squack later from mother Clucker and they stopped but I was cracking up at chicks the size of my hand trying to intimidate chickens the size of a basketball 😂

My almost 4 week old have been brooded in the coop with the big girls since day 1. At 2 weeks they were in the run and the bigger girls didnt care. The babies did seem scared of them though. Today, at almost 4 weeks, those babies have grown some brass balls because they were trying to fly at my big girls. One squack later from mother Clucker and they stopped but I was cracking up at chicks the size of my hand trying to intimidate chickens the size of a basketball 😂
So a broody hen raised them? No neat for a heat source?

Back
Top Bottom