Interesting fact :Chickens see color better than humans!

Yes. Chickens have more cones than humans, they can distinguish different shades of color better than us too. Also, hens can tell which of their chicks are healthiest by looking at the feathers as they have more of a shininess that we can't even see!!

Its just amazing. Our little chicks who are almost a week old,change Soooo fast. you can look at them in the morning and I swear you can see differences and a bit of growth by that very same night.I better really enjoy these little ones, not gonna last too long
love.gif

Yeah it's soo crazy!! I also knew that just before a chick hatches it positions itself in the shell so its right eye is next to the shell and its left eye is covered by its own body. Once it hatches the left eye develops far-sightedness, which enables the bird to search for predators far away (which is why a chicken turns its head to the left when it looks up in the sky at a possible predator!) and the right eye develops near-sightedness to allow a chicken to search for its food!

Yeah it's soo crazy!! I also knew that just before a chick hatches it positions itself in the shell so its right eye is next to the shell and its left eye is covered by its own body. Once it hatches the left eye develops far-sightedness, which enables the bird to search for predators far away (which is why a chicken turns its head to the left when it looks up in the sky at a possible predator!) and the right eye develops near-sightedness to allow a chicken to search for its food! 

That is such cool information! I will watch for that.

Back
Top Bottom