interesting mix

taxidermist

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 16, 2014
Since my neighbors dogs decided to cull my laying flock, i decided it was time to break out the incubator.
Im setting 40 eggs from my "backyard mix" .
i have 1 dark cornish rooster & 1 EE rooster . (I sold a young Shamo trio today that I'm hoping weren't breeding yet)
my hens include- 1 white leghorn (purchased from tractor supply but lays a tan egg),1 deleware, 2 EE,1 dark cornish, 1 barred rock,1 deleware/comet, & 2 new ameraucauna hens (that i don't believe are laying yet since i purchased them ).
should get some interesting offspring.

Last edited:

just got everything cooking! ;)

heres a pic of my chicks that hatched from this batch. I had good fertility. Only 1 egg didnt develop. I had several that fully developed but didnt hatch. It appears that my dark cornish rooster did most of the breeding, as i have mostly striped chicks. Some turned out black with white spots and some are white with random black spots. I also had several hatch that have beards and muffs. Time will tell........

Last edited:
Those stripey ones look a lot like my easter eggers did as babies.

Thanks for posting pics of your fluffy babies. May they grow strong and healthy!

An interesting note. ....one of the chicks from this flock is rumpless! :)
I guess thats a recessive trait inhereted from the araucana in the Ee bloodline ? Ill try to add pics soon

Back
Top Bottom