Internal Dimensions of Incubators? (Brinseas especially)

pkarkos

Songster
5 Years
Jul 9, 2017
Hello!
I am doing some research on a new incubator. My rcom mini that I have been using for 10 years is dying, but hopefully it will hatch the eggs in it right now before it goes!
Currently, I am torn between the nurture right 360 and coughing up the money for a Brinsea. One thing I am considering is the dimensions of the internal chamber. I would like to try to incubate eggs outside the shell for research so I would like to get an incubator that I can fit a 2" high cup in. In a previous thread, someone told me the nurture right is about 4" high inside so that's a point to that.
To those of you who have Brinseas, what are the internal dimensions? I was looking at the mini, maxi and ovation incubators. I doubt I would hatching more than a dozen eggs at a time right now, but if I am going to spend the money on something that will last a long time, it might make sense to get something with a larger capacity. Especially if the internal chamber is high enough to fit a cup in. I would also be glad to hear anything else that might be useful to know or other recommendations you all have for incubators! (I have looked at the hovabators and the incuview, but can't find the height of the internal chamber so if you have one, let me know!)
(I did also look at the cabinet incubators, but I could not afford one of those right now unless I could get a used one. But I would be grateful to hear about those too!)

Thanks!

Hey there! So for the Mini and Maxi incubators it's about 3" at the highest point, but there is a water pot guard directly underneath the fan that only allows about 1" to 1/2" of clearance. The Ovation is 4". Hope this helps!

Hey there! So for the Mini and Maxi incubators it's about 3" at the highest point, but there is a water pot guard directly underneath the fan that only allows about 1" to 1/2" of clearance. The Ovation is 4". Hope this helps!
Thank you! That is very helpful!

Back
Top Bottom