Intestinal lining or something else?

LozzyR

First of her name, mother of chickens.
5 Years
Mar 30, 2019
NSW, Australia
I was shaking off the poop tarp when I noticed this. I treated for coccidiosis a few weeks ago and I know chickens can shed intestinal lining, but is this something I should be worried about?

29FE27AC-1126-4BD8-B4A3-E4C9AC1206DD.jpeg

Yes...I'd be worried.

What exactly did you do to treat for coccidiosis?

What exactly did you feed this week?

Yes...I'd be worried.

What exactly did you do to treat for coccidiosis?

What exactly did you feed this week?
14 days Amprolium in the water; following the dosage instructions. No bloody poops on the tarp the last two mornings. Feed has been Red Hen 17 feed, some oats, sardines and a few other scraps.

The two Faverolles are nearly 3 1/2 years old and the Frizzles are 6 months old. No-one appears to be acting off.

14 days Amprolium in the water; following the dosage instructions. No bloody poops on the tarp the last two mornings. Feed has been Red Hen 17 feed, some oats, sardines and a few other scraps.
I would deworm them if you aren't able to get a fecal float.
You can find Fenbendazole (Safeguard) at stores like TSC. Dose is 0.23ml per pound of weight given orally once a day for 5 days in a row.

What dosing instructions did you follow for the Amprolium (Corid)?

I would deworm them if you aren't able to get a fecal float.
You can find Fenbendazole (Safeguard) at stores like TSC. Dose is 0.23ml per pound of weight given orally once a day for 5 days in a row.

What dosing instructions did you follow for the Amprolium (Corid)?
They all got wormed as well at the same time, with a strong wormer that takes care of tape worm and gape worm, as well as the others.

The amprolium dosage was 5g per 4L for seven days, then reduce to 3g per 4L for seven days.

I’m not in the US so won’t have access to Safeguard, although I can probably get the equivalent in Australia. Is it an antibiotic?

Having said no-one seemed off, I had another look and one of my pullets has gone quiet. She’s still eating pretty enthusiastically though.

Back
Top Bottom