Intestinal lining or something else

Thank you.I have prosense(safeguard) dog dewormer on hand which has fenbendazole in it. Could I use that? It takes care of roundworms,Tapeworms,hookworms, and whipworms. They are granules of 22,2%(222mg/g). The dosage for canine is 50mg(22.7mg/lb) of body weight.
For chickens most use the 10% fenbendazole liquid or paste for goats. Dosage for that is 0.25 ml or 1/4 ml per pound of weight. Give it orally for 5 consecutive days which will treat most worms except for tapeworms. If you give it once and repeat it again in 10 days, it will only treat roundworms and cecal worms. Capillary (thread worms,) gapeworms need the 5 day treatment.

I use Valbazen, which is a little harder to find, more expensive in a larger volume, but it requires a dosage of 0.08 ml per pound (0.5 ml for 4-6 pound hen) once and again in 10 days. It treats most all worms, except for the more rare tapeworms. You can get it online.

If you use the granules, you are going to have to do the math based on your chickens weight to figure out how much to give, and then do that 5 days in a row. I personally don't like giving it mixed in food, if they don't eat it all they won't get the full dose. So I prefer to direct dose with the liquid or the paste so I know the full dose was given. I also use Valbazen, the dose is a little smaller in volume and for everything except tapeworm you can do just the two doses 10 days apart. Both will work, dosed correctly.

For chickens most use the 10% fenbendazole liquid or paste for goats. Dosage for that is 0.25 ml or 1/4 ml per pound of weight. Give it orally for 5 consecutive days which will treat most worms except for tapeworms. If you give it once and repeat it again in 10 days, it will only treat roundworms and cecal worms. Capillary (thread worms,) gapeworms need the 5 day treatment.

I use Valbazen, which is a little harder to find, more expensive in a larger volume, but it requires a dosage of 0.08 ml per pound (0.5 ml for 4-6 pound hen) once and again in 10 days. It treats most all worms, except for the more rare tapeworms. You can get it online.
Thank you for clarifying the difference.
Since I clean out the poo from my coop every day(literally at 7 am) …..will I need to do a deep cleaning in there. They are in their run all day and come in to roost except when they come to lay eggs. I use Saturday lime on the roosts and shavings often and have a car vacuum to vacuum around roosts and ventilation and screens for windows and fans. It’s a super clean coop! I clean out run after the coop and turn over the mulch flooring daily after, adding fresh mulch also when needed.

Back
Top Bottom