Intro

Hello, I'm not to good with introductions. :)

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I've grown up around chickens having some family in Tennesse with a fairly large chicken farm and having neighbours across the road from where I grew up with about 10 chickens. I only recently got chickens myself and I absolutely love them. I only have 5 but I also don't have a big yard and want to make sure they have enough space to free range.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I have 5 chickens currently.

(3) What breeds do you have?

4 of my chickens are Rhode Island Reds and 1 is a Silkie.

(4) What are your favourite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

They help give me a routine and a change to my otherwise boring day to day. They keep things interesting and help keep me active.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I really love camping and hiking and I have brought some of our other pets with me and our ducks love it. I play video games and build computers and am pretty tech savvy. I have a pretty good balance between outdoor and indoor hobbies.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

On top of chickens I also have ducks. I have 4 Pekins and 4 Cambells. My fiancé has a hedgehog. She is the reason we have a Silkie. She absolutely adores it and rarely lets it out of her site when they free range.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

Before getting birds of any kind I would spend hours doing research to make sure I had as much knowledge as possible so I could provide the best home I could and this site came up so often. I live in Massachusetts and even their official site on backyard fowl has this site listed as a good reference for new chicken owners. Now that I feel confident in my own researching abilities I decided now was the time to join a community and figured this was the best one out there.
Welcome! Congrats on your flock. Sounds like a solid crew.

My partner also has a hedgie! Tell your fiancé they would love a chinchilla if they love hedgies.

Glad to have another gamer here. I’ve been enjoying TotK and plan on a 100% complete so I’m still playing after months.

Good luck with your flock, and post updates!

Back
Top Bottom