Introducing my self

Chooks man

Crossing the Road
8 Years
Nov 12, 2015
Sydney NSW Australia
Hi every one.my name is J Antonio Sanches from Australia,i have a small acreage doing all sort of thing.2 years ago I start rising chicken French marans breed. i managed to get my hand in almost all the marans variety and blood line i could fine,so i incubated 1500 fertile marans eggs 1 st year 2014.rised about 1000 chicks and selected my breeders from this large genes pool.
varieties i m rising and working with are ,Black coppers. Blue coppers, Splash coppers, Silver cuckoo ,Dark cuckoo, Wheaten , White, Birchen and Silver/ golden Salmon.
I have a lot work to do .so I joined forces with my friend Terry Marans Australia to group ours flock and work together in 2 different location .I m in NSW state he s in VICTORIA state. so we working on 10 years project ,to restore the marans breed chooks ,to select and reproduce high quality breeders French type.
a lot other breed has been added to the marans in this country but we still find a good bird in some remote areas .
we have one more breed we took on board this year Cream legbar.
I work the land with parmacuture principles , the chooks are free ranging out door all a year around.have 2 dogs Cosmo and Princes.
few turkey , guinea fowl, pigeons one horse,
I like working with a succulents plants when I m free.
Now I m in love with a French marans chooks.

Thanks every one.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I love the chocolate eggs of the Marans. In my personal opinion, they are the prettiest eggs in the chicken world. :eek:) If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

welcome-byc.gif
So glad you have decided to join us.

You have a beautiful flock, and those gorgeous chocolate colored eggs are awesome. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Hi I m glad you like them.I love this french chooks .they are beautiful and well crafty ,good for free ranging, have no trouble with at all. they are a good winter layers of gorgeous eggs. best in Sydney i have peoples fight over them.
i have my work cut of to breed and restore all the variety i m working with. is fun.,
here how I m working this year. winter breeding 2015 pure varieties; Black copper, Blue coppers, Splash coppers, Birchens, Cuckoos, wheaten ,hatched over 700 chicks from them.
spring 2015 breeding; I did some crossing to fix a few things. crossing within the marans varieties , Black cop X splash hens. Blue cop X splash hens. Blue cop X Birchens hens . dark cuckoo F1 X F1 cuckoo. dark cuckoo F1 X wheaten hens, Birchen X Blue cop hens .Splash X Black cop hen. all this combination are throwing some nice healthy colorful chicks.so far got about 500 chicks from this crosses .next month is my last month of breeding for this year. now I have to rise all this chicks and choose my breeders for the next year 2016. aiming to hatch and rise 2000 chicks next year.
I ll post more picture soon. I m lovin t.
Cheers Antonio

Very nice to meet you Antonio, you have certainly taken on a large project. Just the sheer numbers on paper overwhelm me. Do you have a large staff to assist in caring for them? Welcome to Backyard chickens - wish you every success in a well thought out breeding program.

BYC also has a thread "Australia- six states and one funny little Island." If you want to know what is going on around you.

pleased you like them.
I m working in this project with a friend. we have 2 location .mistyrivermarans ( my self) in NSW state and Marans Australia ( Terry Hill ) in VICTORIA state. we merged our flocks together and run them as one flock divided into 2 .
In free ranging large pens style system ,no much work is needed ,collecting the eggs twice a day filing up the feeders ones a week they have a lot water around. every 2 month I move them to a new pen fresh grass.NO cleaning pens needed.
the little chicks are housed in a 40 feets shipping container converted into nursery ,4 bays (2m X 2.5m) with a corridor in one side. this bays are for chicks older than 4 weeks, they have a little door to the run 6m X 2.5m when sunny. this bays are floor space plus I have 4 brooders boxes on the top of each bay, 2.5m X 1m wide, this are for the chicks aged from 1 day old to 4 weeks old .they stay here for 4 weeks and them moved to the large ground bay ,they stay here 4 more weeks.and moved outside free ranging..in this system we fill the feeders ones a week .water every second day, cleaning each bay and each brooder box one s every 4 weeks. so evry week I clean 1 bay and one brooder box.
they have a lot of space so they don t need to much work. most of my work is observing them, weighting them and spend a time with them.
I m still building more coops and cages. I m enjoying this project is exiting ,every week new chicks . love them.

cheers Antonio

I have a couple guys working part time

Back
Top Bottom