Intruders in chicken coop

new14

Hatching
5 Years
May 27, 2014
What should be the penalty for somebody going into somebodies property and stealing eggs. And also for putting an infected chicken in somebodies coop. Help!

What should be the penalty for somebody going into somebodies property and stealing eggs. And also for putting an infected chicken in somebodies coop. Help!

Well, trespassing and petty theft come to mind. Do you have camera evidence? Did you get rid of the infected hen? What exactly is going on at your place? How is this happening? On the advice of someone long ago, I built my coop and run to have padlocks, just haven't needed them. Sorry you are going through that kind of problem!
hmm.png

I put a lock on it. I put a camera, but the images at night are too dark. The lock seemed to stop them for a while. But I noticed yesterday that one of the wire panels was loose. So I believe that is where they put the diseased chicken in my coop. I isolated it. But doing research on the symptoms it looks like it has Mereks disease.

I put a lock on it. I put a camera, but the images at night are too dark. The lock seemed to stop them for a while. But I noticed yesterday that one of the wire panels was loose. So I believe that is where they put the diseased chicken in my coop. I isolated it. But doing research on the symptoms it looks like it has Mereks disease.

That is awful! Do you know if your birds were vaccinated for Mareks? Too bad your camera doesn't have night vision. Can you set any booby traps that would wake you if they come around again? Sounds like a deranged person, maybe they thought you could help the bird? Do you know if others in your area keep chickens and if they are having any problems like that? Do you have a homeless population near you? Something weird is going on. you'll have to get creative to protect your birds. Can you post pics of your coop? Maybe we can help you come up with something.

Back
Top Bottom