Pics
Quote:
hi hurley
what do you mean by tagging???
all of the images i have seen of these birds they have black beaks
your chipmunks have yellow beaks
why would that be ??
schroeder

Congrats on the babies! I'm a proud grandma!!! Hurley, how many did you finally get hatched out?

We got our new Dog proof coop built and I pick up my new flock of Iowa Blues today! Tonight I'll start the eggs I saved and the 1 a day I've been getting from my remaining pullet.
fl.gif
Hopefully I'll be able to save a few from my old stock.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

We got eggs in the bator..I think there are a few IA's in there, but most are mutt eggs..Hopefully I can get a few more IA's this time. Got 2 last time but 1 died.
hmm.png

Oh and my iowa blue roo got all noisy for the girls acting like some feathers in the pen were treats *sigh* those birds and feathers, I think they need more protien and to go outside already!

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

We got eggs in the bator..I think there are a few IA's in there, but most are mutt eggs..Hopefully I can get a few more IA's this time. Got 2 last time but 1 died.
hmm.png

Oh and my iowa blue roo got all noisy for the girls acting like some feathers in the pen were treats *sigh* those birds and feathers, I think they need more protien and to go outside already!

tiramisu
you posted the best photos of iowa blues
i didn't understand what people were talking about
now i have some idea about coloration lacing penciling
its not compleatly clear but i just wanted to say thanks
for helping clear some things up for me
schroeder

Quote:
PP
are they from jakob van????
good luck
schroeder

They are. He sold his adult flock to me. Got them home last night. I haven't got a good look at them in daylight yet, but I think at least one hen has good color! Setting eggs tonight from my old flock.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

hmm.png

tiramisu
you posted the best photos of iowa blues
i didn't understand what people were talking about
now i have some idea about coloration lacing penciling
its not compleatly clear but i just wanted to say thanks
for helping clear some things up for me
schroeder

You're welcome
smile.png
I did want better photos, but they are alll inside a building with heat lamps, or were when it was colder, so it wasn't the best lighting to take pics. We are getting stuff ready to put them outside and then I can get some better pictures.

Ended up with 8 good chicks from Sandhill, 3 blacks, 5 chipmunks. From Karimw's eggs I got all black chicks, 7 at this time. Had a couple weaker ones die off from both groups.

So at this time I've got 5 chipmunks and 10 blacks. Not a bad start. Apparently I am getting a 2 week old pullet from a friend , so will see what that looks like. Reportedly ordered from Texas.

Got some photos tonight of the week old Sandhills and the half week olds from Kari. Amazing the size difference a couple days makes.

The chipmunks look so different in how they are feathering in currently. Be interesting to see how the two types compare as adults.

Chicks from Karimw:

IowaBlues%20(1).jpg

IowaBlues%20(8).jpg

Chicks from Sandhill:

IowaBlues%20(3).jpg

IowaBlues%20(4).jpg

IowaBlues%20(5).jpg

IowaBlues%20(6).jpg

IowaBlues%20(7).jpg

IowaBlues%20(2).jpg

Should have gotten more, but the house (and then the incubators) spiked temps right during the hatch, got not a single chick after that...24 marans eggs, 6 ameraucanas, and the rest of the Iowa Blues. However, I did get a decent number out of the clutch to get started with, in addition to the Sandhill's chicks. Will add more stock down the line as it comes available.

Back
Top Bottom