Iowa Blues - Breed thread and discussion

Pics
Any thoughts about trying to get these guys to shows in 2013? I realize they're a work in progress, but they do want 5 years of showing before they allow a breed to petition to become accepted into the SOP. Could double as a get together if we were to select some show that is reasonable for people to attend. I'd be happy to drive to Iowa for a weekend for the cause. Could be a good opportunity to have an IBCC "meeting", even discuss the standard and come up with a final draft.

Last edited:
Cool!

I've not shown chickens before, so I have some learning to do. I do a fair amount of dog showing, used to show horses, but chickens will be a new one for me. I've struggled to find a good source for actually finding out when and where local shows are and how to sign up. Seems like you have to chase the show down to find a premium list.

Hoping to show some next year. I need to pull out my SOP and reread the actual requirements. Will this count as the first year, then, that IBs are being shown?

Let us know how it goes! What show?

Edit: Nevermind, Iowa City, right?

Last edited:
I'm planning to go see the Iowa City show, but not showing. I'd be up to meet somewhere next year too. I helped bath birds so I could learn how to do it, but all the rest is a mystery. I think I could have pulled my cockerel out and entered him, he's in pretty good shape, but he's only 7 months old. Probably not filled out enough to compete well.

I wish I could go, but am on call this weekend so can't be that far away.

Will try to see about getting to a local show to nose about and figure out the particulars for chicken showing.

Hey everyone, don't miss out...

Last chance to nominate yourself or others for officers in the Iowa Blue Chicken Club. IBCC nominations close tomorrow evening at midnight.
Also last chance to apply to sit on the Standards Committee which will be editing and finalizing the official standard for the Iowa Blue to be submitted to APA for petition for SOP recognition.

Just go to the IowaBlueChickenClub website (in my signature) to the 2013 elections tab to submit.

Last edited:
Poultry Show Central is a great place to learn how to show and to help find show dates. A lot of shows are listed on the APA website. You may also want to join a local club in your area. That will help a great deal.
http://www.poultryshowcentral.com/feeding-showbirds.html

The Poultry Press is a good way to keep track on the who's who in the show world as well.

I'd like to encourage all of you to join the Eastern Iowa Poultry Association to keep up on what is going on with our club. There is a facebook page for EIPA, and the winners, with photos were just listed for the Open class.

Trish

Back
Top Bottom