Iowa Blues - Breed thread and discussion

Pics
Its fascinating watching the colors and feather development, but not a great indicator of development other then dominance at the feed tray. We really cant know what the colors will be until after the first molt.

That said I love to watch them develop too. Its a great and ever changing show day by day.

I'd like to see them again as they develop hear comments on the same chicks after their molt.

Hi :) I had a failed hatch with only one little Iowa Blue. My incubator is on the fritz. So I'd like to buy some chicks. Are the hatchery IB "decent" quality? I love this breed and would really like to help preserve them. Out of Privett, Sandhill, and Ideal which have the best quality? Or if anyone here would be willing to ship chicks even better :D Here's my little loner, hatched Dec 15!
Oh, I like her.

Hi :) I had a failed hatch with only one little Iowa Blue. My incubator is on the fritz.
So I'd like to buy some chicks. Are the hatchery IB "decent" quality?
I love this breed and would really like to help preserve them. Out of Privett, Sandhill, and Ideal which have the best quality?
Or if anyone here would be willing to ship chicks even better
big_smile.png

Here's my little loner, hatched Dec 15!

Sweet little pullet! WIsh I could help, but I haven't shipped chicks before. I suppose I should learn how
hide.gif

Hi Kari

If you should take on shipping chicks count me in !

But still want some eggs from you, a couple of dozen anyhow.

I have a nice stable temperature place for my incubators,

a new fish room. I am looking forward to hatching a bunch of chicks this year.

Great looking pullet, snowpetals907!!! It's great to see such a nice colored pullet. Keep connected via this thread and the Iowa Blue Chicken Club website, and I'm sure we'll be able to work something out to help you along. Thanks for sharing her with us.

Calling all Iowa Blue fans!

Connie has updated our club website with an archive section!! I'm very excited about this. The Standard committee has spent many hours looking up and running down leads to gain a better understanding of what the original Iowa Blue looked like as well as what it's uses where. This archive link is the result of what we've been able to gather. You'll find pictures of the original birds (most pictures, if not all, have already been posted on this thread), as well as interviews with individuals who were instrumental in saving the breed from extinction. They have shared their experiences with us, and have provided us with invaluable information about the breed's formation and type. Check it out and let us know what you think.

A special thanks goes out to all the work the Standard Committee has done to find and locate the past breeders/information. And thanks to Connie for getting it posted on our website for all to see.

Have a great day! Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom