Iowa Blues - Breed thread and discussion

OH Farmers Wife- Have you signed up as a member on the Iowa Blue Chicken Club website yet?
cool.png

Anyone can join. At the present we have an open membership without dues. This may change in the future, but for now its free. Two main advantages to membership are the following; 1) You can connect to other breeders in your locations as well as locate stock, and 2) When the club is set to pass measures (example would be the recent Standard that was passed by the Standard Committee and then passed by the membership vote), the membership is able to have their voice heard and help shape the direction of the breed.

Here is the website- www.iowabluechickenclub.com , you can also find the web link in Kari, Connie, and my signatures.

Anyone can join. At the present we have an open membership without dues. This may change in the future, but for now its free. Two main advantages to membership are the following; 1) You can connect to other breeders in your locations as well as locate stock, and 2) When the club is set to pass measures (example would be the recent Standard that was passed by the Standard Committee and then passed by the membership vote), the membership is able to have their voice heard and help shape the direction of the breed.

Here is the website- www.iowabluechickenclub.com , you can also find the web link in Kari, Connie, and my signatures.

Thanks I am now a member. I would like to learn more. Not even sure what I have. The chicks are black.

Welcome to the thread !

They start off black and the 'trim' starts showing up, soon.

Where did you get your chicks? I missed that I think. Ohio is a great poultry state, one THE biggest poultry shows in the country is held there, I hope to make it one time.

The birchen Iowa Blues should start off black with white/yellow chin, belly and wing tips. They may have a white feather on the tips of their wings until they get their adult feathers.
So I think Jake is referring to one that looks like this:

The birchen Iowa Blues should start off black with white/yellow chin, belly and wing tips. They may have a white feather on the tips of their wings until they get their adult feathers.
So I think Jake is referring to one that looks like this:

Oh thanks Karimw. Mine will be 2 weeks old tomorrow. So far they are all black, I do notice a yellowish/white feather on their wings that is only visible when they stretch out their wings.

Back
Top Bottom