Is Blackjack 57 safe?

Yes, I think so! Have been following the threads on the blackjack. I plan to cover the floor with pine shavings and use the deep litter method. The only thing I am a *little* concerned about it the heat-- there is plenty of ventilation up at the ceiling level but the floor is sealed and covered in black. Should be okay . . . right?

I also have started the deep liter method on my Black Jack 57 floor. Don't worry about the floor. It won't get any warmer than if it were covered with bare wood, vinyl, etc.

On the blackjack 57, is it the roof one, the driveway one, there are several different ones...HELP!

What is the finish like from a slick/coarse perspective? I'm building a coop with a pull out floor. The drawer component will have this on it given the reviews. But, I'm wondering if the base would benefit from another type of protection that will allow the drawer to pull out more easily. I was originally thinking linoleum for both but like the paint aspect of this.

What is the finish like from a slick/coarse perspective? I'm building a coop with a pull out floor. The drawer component will have this on it given the reviews. But, I'm wondering if the base would benefit from another type of protection that will allow the drawer to pull out more easily. I was originally thinking linoleum for both but like the paint aspect of this.

It drys smooth. It would work great on your slide out floor. Only downside I can think of would be cost. Unless you can find it in 1gal cans, it would be kinda HighDollar to use on a small pull out shelve/floor.

I see you used it on the walls, and a few other places. How has it held up? I am thinking of doing the same thing to make the inside of the coop easy to wipe down. Is it durable? Wipes down easily? Any issues with this?

Would like to know if the blackjack rubber would be safe inside a duck coop walls only. I know ducks are more sensitive to odors from chemicals. We have our coop built out of trex decking for outer shell and inside is the pressed composit wood we got for free. Want to protect the walls as the floor is trex that we pop out for cleaning. The idea is to be able to take the hose to it after we remove the floor for each cleaning. And would it make sense to coat the trex flooring or is trex durable enough to withstand all the poo and cleanings for many years to come? Thanks!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom