Is Blackjack 57 safe?

We had problems as well. We ended up ordering it from Amazon.com. Great stuff by the way. Our coop floors came out great!

We had problems as well. We ended up ordering it from Amazon.com. Great stuff by the way. Our coop floors came out great!

Found it locally! Applied one good coat and did some touch-ups, but didn't have enough for two coats. So far I really like it!

It looks like I will probably be purchasing it on Amazon also. I don't need it immediately but I am really intrigued by this idea. I am getting chicks this coming week and I won't need it for a while, hopefully anyway because it isn't warm enough to get this product down these days. Maybe I'll get lucky! We will be done with the tractor we are building soon!

I lucked out yesterday. I mentioned in another post that we have a true value hardware store that is going out of business. When I first went in everything was 50 percent off. That's when I bought my hardware cloth. I got two 3x100 foot roles for 100 total (50 each). I also bought a bag full of latches, clasps, etc.

Yesterday I went back and everything was 80 percent off. I got 2 gallons of blackjack 57, two 4 inch 90 degree elbows to make a feeder with, two 12 by 4 inch gable vents, and some more hinges. Total price after tax was $27.00. I also bought a role of some type of patch material that is supposed to patch holes in metal roofs and RV roofs. It is a role that is 2 inches wide by 4 foot and it was normally $27.00. It almost feels like a thin roll of silly putty shaped like duct tape. I figured it would be worth a try at 80% off.

Almost forgot I also had a 2 3 foot by 25 foot role of welded wire fence included in that price.

I lucked out yesterday. I mentioned in another post that we have a true value hardware store that is going out of business. When I first went in everything was 50 percent off. That's when I bought my hardware cloth. I got two 3x100 foot roles for 100 total (50 each). I also bought a bag full of latches, clasps, etc.

Yesterday I went back and everything was 80 percent off. I got 2 gallons of blackjack 57, two 4 inch 90 degree elbows to make a feeder with, two 12 by 4 inch gable vents, and some more hinges. Total price after tax was $27.00. I also bought a role of some type of patch material that is supposed to patch holes in metal roofs and RV roofs. It is a role that is 2 inches wide by 4 foot and it was normally $27.00. It almost feels like a thin roll of silly putty shaped like duct tape. I figured it would be worth a try at 80% off.

Almost forgot I also had a 2 3 foot by 25 foot role of welded wire fence included in that price.
WOW! Nice score! I picked up a 5 gallon pal at Lowe's. I am still in the finish out phase, but as soon as I get to the final stages, I will be putting on the coop floor.

Its supposed to be 61 degrees here this Sunday. I might try to put it down then. I know it won't be close to 70 but we might not hit 70 for quite a while with out crazy weather. Even if it takes a while to dry I still want to be ready when I get my run done. Hopefully I can knock that out this week.

So how's it going? I just ordered mine after tirelessly looking locally lol

So far, so good!! I'm very happy with it. I do think I'll do another coat this summer and go a little higher up on the walls. With the original application I didn't go up onto the bottom 2x4, so I think I'll do that and go up about a foot.

That sounds awesome! I will go up on the side walls just a bit I think before I paint... or should I paint the walls first? Hmmm Paint first sounds like a better plan lol.

Flyin-lowe AWEEESOME SCORE! I searched for a True Value but They are all about an hour away... I guess I could have made an adventure out of it lol, oh well. (I'm in central Missouri).

Has anyone had any problems with this? I'm about to buy some and use it, and I was just curious. I'm in west Texas and it is hot and dry here. 116 in the summer is common. I just want to be sure before I make a huge mistake. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom