Is Dixie a boy?

Dixie isn't obviously male yet. The barring looks more like speckling at this point, which is common for pullets. I'm seeing a lot more black, than white. Probably a pullet.

Dixie is a Barred Rock. Not sure if there is a difference between that and the Barred Plymouth or if that makes a difference.

Dixie is a Barred Rock. Not sure if there is a difference between that and the Barred Plymouth or if that makes a difference.
There isnt a difference ^^ The common name for a Barred Plymouth Rock is a Barred Rock, but they're the same.
And I would say since the white 'thumbprint' on the head is so large and the face is what I'd consider "Hawkish" I will say male~ ^^

Plymouth Rock is actually the name of the breed. "Barred" is the color variety. You have a "Barred Plymouth Rock", frequently shortened to "Barred Rock." Plymouth Rocks come in seven color varieties recognized by the APA; barred, white, buff, blue, columbian, partridge, and silver-penciled.

Back
Top Bottom