is Dumor (dumour) a good feed brand?

I'll chime in here too; I feed Purina Flock Raiser, a 20% protein feed, that's worked very well for me. It's more expensive than the Dumor layer, but, IMO, a much better product! Chicken feed IS cheap, really, and searching for the very cheapest is likely to also fine lower quality. That's been my experience here.
The TSCs in my area have been good places to shop, generally. I look at the mill date on EVERY bag of feed before purchase, because sometimes older stuff will appear. Stocking issues happen.
Everyone needs to find what's available to them, fresh, where they live. Then buy the best there. It likely won't be the same brand or store everywhere.
Mary

I was going to email Dumor to tell them their feed sucks, but no company site came up, but this thread did.

For 2 years I fed my ducks and geese the Forever Pals dogfood from the Dollar Store, but they stopped carrying it. So, I switched to Dumor Layer pellets. After a month or so I started to find eggs with no shells. Both goose and duck eggs.

What I liked about Forever Pals dogfood was that it was all grains. It's hard to find a dogfood that is all grains. It's probably not too good for dogs, but it was great for birds.
I switched my birds off Dumor after I noticed the eggs shells becoming thin to the point that picking them up broke them. No matter what calcium was offered, I could not get them back to normal until I I got them back to Purina. I'm searching today to see if others have noticed shell issues. If the brand is crap, it needs to come off the shelves.

I switched my birds off Dumor after I noticed the eggs shells becoming thin to the point that picking them up broke them. No matter what calcium was offered, I could not get them back to normal until I I got them back to Purina. I'm searching today to see if others have noticed shell issues. If the brand is crap, it needs to come off the shelves.
Yes!!!
Us too!
Last spring we started having losses. 2 and 3 year old chickens just dying. After sending several to the lab they were all dying from “reproductive organ failure “ due to eggs breaking inside the chickens and setting up infection. We switched to Purina Layena and have the healthiest chickens and eggs we’ve ever had.

Yes!!!
Us too!
Last spring we started having losses. 2 and 3 year old chickens just dying. After sending several to the lab they were all dying from “reproductive organ failure “ due to eggs breaking inside the chickens and setting up infection. We switched to Purina Layena and have the healthiest chickens and eggs we’ve ever had.
We also offered oyster sgell AND calcium carbonate on the side and mixed into the feed. The shells were thin when we fed Dumor, regardless.

I fed Dumor for a while because I was looking for the cheapest feed. My chickens also did not like it. When I couldn't get it because tractor supply kept running out, I fed other brands carried by our feed store and noticed a huge difference in the hen's appetite. They really would not eat the Dumor. I also read feed tags, and was very suspect of what was going into the Dumor brand of feed. Since then, I will not purchase that brand of feed. I will by their scratch, because it is pretty evident as to what is in it.

Here's my nugget of wisdom for the day:

What's the most expensive feed you can buy for your animals?

Anyone?

The most expensive food you can buy them:

Food they refuse to eat!!!!

Back
Top Bottom