Is her head looking swollen to you?

Jared Vera

Songster
Apr 21, 2020
Texas, Usaaaaaaa
I know it’s spring and hormones in my little roosters are bouncing up and down, lately they have been ripping of a large number of feathers off the heads of my hens but not as much as the hen in the pictures. To me her head looks swollen, what should I do to help my hens from losing a large number of feathers off their heads? A34CB855-F52D-4EFB-A8B8-6E145896072A.jpeg 5E8093FE-82CF-4EAB-9BF7-91087A7FFD62.jpeg

Get chicken saddles and bonnets. The bonnets will help with the head. Is it from breeding the hens? How many hens do you have? How many roosters do you have?

I know it’s spring and hormones in my little roosters are bouncing up and down, lately they have been ripping of a large number of feathers off the heads of my hens but not as much as the hen in the pictures. To me her head looks swollen, what should I do to help my hens from losing a large number of feathers off their heads?View attachment 2644738View attachment 2644739
i would myself separate that hen before they go after her once more and her head is swollen i would advise taking her to the vet myself and have it looked at cause it might be infected and i would just generally separate her from the flock until her head isnt swollen and has the feathers back

Back
Top Bottom