Is Isabel same as lavender buff columbian?

I might have hatching eggs for shipping available later in the year
They are beautiful! :love

Are you gonna be NPIP certified (or get a veteranary health certificate) to do so (across state lines) legally.. or just doing it on the down low under the radar? Most states do have import/export laws regarding hatching eggs.. and in California.. even shells eggs for eating.. accoridng to my current understanding.

Hope your fertility and hatch rates are high! :jumpy:jumpy

Are you gonna be NPIP certified (or get a veteranary health certificate) to do so (across state lines) legally.. or just doing it on the down low under the radar? Most states do have import/export laws regarding hatching eggs.. and in California.. even shells eggs for eating.. accoridng to my current understanding.

I can't say for sure, but I don't think we have to worry about that in Kentucky. Even if there are laws like that here, no one makes a fuss about it :) We just ship eggs :)

Honestly for the color I am waiting to see how the chicks hatching this year grow out. I know they will definitely be lavender and according to others on here that have a much better understanding of the genetics the columbian pattern should be dominant to isabel (partridge) which would indicate to me that they should all turn out with columbian pattern. However, the few chicks I hatched so far seem to be feathering in approx 50 % of each color. I will message you the info of the breeder I got mine from - if he is still selling hatching eggs you might be able to get them quicker through him.

Thank you!

Yes, I am not NPIP yet but I have the contact info to make the appointment. I have a few birds that are not old enough to test yet and since I dont have enough eggs being laid to consider shipping yet I figured I would wait until I was ready since you have to do it every 6 months.

Honestly for the color I am waiting to see how the chicks hatching this year grow out. I know they will definitely be lavender and according to others on here that have a much better understanding of the genetics the columbian pattern should be dominant to isabel (partridge) which would indicate to me that they should all turn out with columbian pattern. However, the few chicks I hatched so far seem to be feathering in approx 50 % of each color. I will message you the info of the breeder I got mine from - if he is still selling hatching eggs you might be able to get them quicker through him.
Yes please send me that info if you are doing test breedings this year. I would love to have some of those beautiful chickens!

Isabel in my English Orpingtons are either Isabel Crele or Isabel Lavender-laced. I don't personally keep the Crele variety, but the laced birds are just Gold-laced with Lavender diluting the black.

Isabel in my English Orpingtons are either Isabel Crele or Isabel Lavender-laced. I don't personally keep the Crele variety, but the laced birds are just Gold-laced with Lavender diluting the black.
I bet they are beautiful! Have any pics?

I finally figured out the chicken calculator and according to it both the columbian and partridge patterns are considered "Isabel". Also interesting (to me anyway!) is that with this cross the male offspring will always display the columbian pattern (in lavender and dilute gold like the roo below) while the females will be considered columbian incomplete which I guess is why you end up with some that have penciling (2 hen examples)

@gwells1980 I guess this will answer your question about breeding true to color - yes on the males but you will get an estimated 50/50 mix of each of the colors in the girls.
20230228_122839.jpg
20230228_122907.jpg
20230228_122856.jpg

Back
Top Bottom