Is it bad if my Cortex Quails went over the hatching date?

Update Again!

Its been 3 days over the 2 weeks mark! Hopefully they'll come soon!

Questions sorry!:

1. Is it okay if one egg is lighter than the other?

And thats all I have!

Thank you!!

ANOTHER UPDATE!

My number 1 egg is non heavy but it is still alive and moving, I candled them last night and saw number 1 trying to break through the air sack.

Questions: (SORRY!)

1.Is This Good?

2. When Do you think it should break out?

And 3. What is it trying to do?

Thank you for all of your responses hopefully we'll have little babies soon!

if you're at day 17 (3 days over the two week mark as you stated) it's trying to hatch most likely and that's always a good thing.
ya.gif

Yay really excited!

I put some chicken eggs in the incubator but I think that will squish the quails, so when they hatch I'll take the chicken eggs out.

UPDATE!

I candled them again tonight and number 1 was moving still, but I candled 3 and 4 and they were developed but some of the egg was still really bright.

Questions:

1. I think they have developed but have died in the egg is this right?

Thank you! Photo's coming tomorrow when I candle them again! :)

UPDATE AGAIN!:

I heard the babies in the egg today! I heard 5 taps and some scraping on number 1 and 2, I'm really excited!

MASSIVE UPDATE!:

I JUST LOOKED AT OUR EGGS AND NUMBER 1 HAS PIPPED! SOME OF THE SHELL IS ELEVATED AND ITS CRACKED! REALLY EXCITED! IF IT IS DRY WE'LL HAVE TO TAKE IT OUT OF THE SHELL BECAUSE THAT MEANS THEY'RE STUCK!

REALLY EXCITED!

people thinking they have to help rather then just letting the chicks hatch at their own pace causes a LOT of losses. just keep the lid on and let them hatch!! good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom