Is it normal?

LittlePriceFarm

Songster
9 Years
Apr 5, 2010
Ellettsville
we had two ducks ricky and lucy we bathed them every night then the pool one was never with out the other they were raised with 30 chicks and one night the worst happened we were raided and and a good portion of the flock including rick was gone :( now lucy stays near the rooster acts like walks like a hen never leaves their side and dosent like to swim in the pool. she seems other wise ok, a little dirty though. is this normal? anyone else have this happen we even started a pong for her she hates it. . . .

I agree that she needs a buddy, just saw this at the top of the duck thread... I'm sorry. I just went through the same thing. 2 ducks, and the girl died a month ago from being egg-bound. I still cry when I think about it. The boy got really sad, and wouldn't play anymore, and hid in his cage, so we bought him a buddy. It's just a baby, and I only let them play together when I can supervise, but already he has cheered up so much. They dig for worms together, and it's really adorable. P.S. Love the duck names. Lucy was my new babies name til I found a little penie... now it's Bilbo Baggins. But yours are better!!! Good luck lucy!

we are going to get more in the spring, i was worried she wouldent take to them sigh poor girl :(
What a sweet pic, from reading your post I'd say your duck has been accepted in to the chicken flock as one of theirs and she feels comfortable being apart of their group[sure beats being alone] I agree with the rest though she needs a friend of her on kind. Ducks just do better when there's 2 or more, watch craigslist there you maybe able to find a friend close to your ducks age, they will bond given time and introduced slowly.

Back
Top Bottom