Is it ok to use egg shells instead of oyster shell ?

I have not seen feed at our Walmart but they don't carry everything. We feed Purina Flock Raiser because we have ducks and chickens.

if you city will not allow chickens then the store probably will not carry it (like in my area)

The petsmart in one city has few feeds available while wal-mart has more.. a pet store that has no beddings ?

raising chickens is not such a big thing here in the city

this is all petsmart has in store regarding feeds.. they have some other supplies that wal-mart stores do not though

feeds at wal-mart (closer pictures)

i guess there's a reason why the layer feed is so cheap

if you city will not allow chickens then the store probably will not carry it (like in my area)

Almost all the towns around my now allow chickens, yet only a few Walmarts carry the feed even though there is also still plenty of agricultural zoned land in the area as well... As I said I was told the decision to carry or not is up to the store manager, so it's really just a guess... There is a post on this forum somewhere that I believe is a few years old but it had a list of all the Walmarts that carried feed...

i guess there's a reason why the layer feed is so cheap

Not sure what you are getting at, Manna Pro is a decent feed company, their layer is about 1% lower protein then others but that doesn't necessarily make it bad, it all depends on the type of protein... I'm sure Walmart simply cut a deal with them to sell at rock bottom prices, it's honestly no cheaper then most re-branded 'house' feeds in my area... My local farm supply chain has their brand on sale now for $10.49 for a 50lb bag, that is actually cheaper then Walmart and even at the feed stores regular $11.29/50lb it is only a few pennies per pound more...

I'm not saying Walmart food it great, as I said it's my birds least favorite but I do believe it's in the ball park with other budget feeds...

We have local hay and feed stores with food for all kinds of farm animble chiChen horse duck goat hog etc

Lemos is a pet store and they have tons of layer feeds organic non-organic pellets or crumble etc

We have local hay and feed stores with food for all kinds of farm animble chiChen horse duck goat hog etc

Lemos is a pet store and they have tons of layer feeds organic non-organic pellets or crumble etc

i didn't notice it before

but i saw a Nutrena feed sign as i drove by a store down the street

is it the place to buy feeds? from the outside it looks like a homeowner's private storage area

Last edited:
Do you hAve a lemos pet store in your area? I am in cali. They have all kinds of stuff for chickens.

http://www.lemospet.com/locations.php

i'm in Arizona so no lemos pet store here.

There are petco and petsmart.. but the stuffs they carry for chickens are limited.. so i have to use wal-mart and the buyer club

backyard chickens trend is still catching up around here.

Did you try your zipcode in the Nutrena retailer page I linked? Also have you looked around for any feed stores in your area?

You didn't mention your area but a quick Google search shows Tractor Supply Companies littered all around the Phoenix area, there is also a few Shopper Supply in the Phoenix area...

Go to Google Maps and do a search for

livestock feed your city Arizona

Look for a local Co-op or local feed store in your area. I found one in a more rural area and get my bags of organic feed for under $15 for a 50 pound bag.

Back
Top Bottom